24|7 Home Rescue:
A one-stop solution for
Step by step boiler installation
During the cold, chilly nights of the winter season, you need your boiler to keep you warm and cosy in your house, where you may rest and relax. When there is a breakdown or a problem with the supply, it can be very upsetting and inconvenient in your everyday life.
Finding yourself without heating and hot water can be a very stressful situation. You need to understand what you need to do and who you need to talk to, so we’ve put together this handy guide to help make sense of it all.
24|7 Home Rescue offer new boiler installations and the option to cover your existing boiler and central heating system in case of breakdown, so you can have full peace of mind without hustling around.
What types of boilers do you need?
There are three main boiler types available in the market. These are:
1. Combi boilers – In the United Kingdom, these are the most common types of boilers. Combi boilers are energy-efficient, compact systems that deliver both heating and immediate hot water from a single source.
2. Regular boilers – Regular boilers, also known as “conventional,” “heat-only,” or “open-vent” boilers, utilize an additional storage tank and hot water cylinder to deliver hot water and heat.
3. System boilers – System boilers, like conventional boilers, require a hot water cylinder for storage. As a result, they can also give hot water to multiple taps at the same time.
Choosing the boiler brand
Here’s a list of some of the industry’s most popular boiler brands:
- 1. Worcester Bosch
- 2. Ideal Heating
What’s the best boiler size for your house?
Boiler size is measured in kW output. This unit defines a boiler’s ability to cope with a property’s heating and hot water demands. Your gas engineer will survey your house and be able to advise on the right size of boiler for you, but it is possible to provide a rough guide.
24|7 Home Rescue gas boiler installation
Your new boiler installation procedure could be completed in just 3 steps:
1. Request a boiler installation quote – Simply answer a few questions about your property and we’ll be able to provide you with a quote in less than 60 seconds.
2. Consultation or surveyor – Our experts will do a full analysis of your current heating system via video call or in-home to help select the best options for your new boiler.
3. Installation — Schedule a boiler installation appointment for a time that is convenient for you, and one of our Gas Safe engineers will arrive to complete your boiler replacement professionally. Wherever possible, same-day appointments are provided.
How can I choose the best boiler for my home?
You will need to speak to a Gas Safe registered engineer to make sure that you get the right type of boiler for your needs. 24|7 Home Rescue can give you the advice that you need to help you make the best selection for your home.
How much does boiler installation cost?
The cost of a new boiler installation is likely to be determined by the type of boiler you require, the size required for your home, the brand and model you choose and the labour cost.
Do I need to get new radiators with my new boiler?
New radiators may increase the quality of your home heating, but if they’re in good operating order they should be compatible with your new boiler installation.
Can I change my boiler type?
Yes. If you feel that a different type of boiler would suit your needs better than your current system, we can install a different boiler type onto your property. We have a range of combi, regular and system boilers available, so one of our experts could recommend a suitable alternative for your home and conduct a professional installation at a time that suits you.