We’re Here to Help
With the various national lockdowns, firebreaks and tiered lockdowns – it can be a little confusing! Here at 24/7 Home Rescue however, we want to make it as simple as possible. We all know the importance of heating and hot water, and our Heating Experts continue to work across the UK. As key workers, we are here to help keep your home a safe place for you and your family.
Our Heating Experts & COVID-19
For your safety, and the safety of our Heating Experts, we have introduced a range of measures. These include adhering to the 2 metre rule (sorry no welcome handshake for now!), face shields, gloves and sanitizing work areas before and after the job. If you have any concerns, please let your Heating Expert know who will do their best to accommodate any requests.
We have the capacity to help more Customers keep their homes running smoothly. Our core services are:
New boilers from £1,200
Boiler & Heating Plans
Boiler Repairs – call for help now on 0345 3192 247
Need to make a repair request? Call us now on 0345 0774 177 – we are available 24 hours.
Can I still make a repair request?
Yes of course. All our normal routes and channels are open as usual.
What if someone in my household is self-isolating?
The safety of our Customers and our Engineers is our highest priority. If someone in your house is self-isolating and it is not an emergency then we will rearrange for an Engineer to attend seven days after the recommended self-isolation period is over.
What if it is an Emergency?
As per Government guidelines, and to help prevent the spread of the virus to other households and our Engineers, we are unable to attend until it is safe to do so. However, we still have some options where we may be able to help and our agents will talk you through what’s available.
What measures have we taken to prevent the spread of coronavirus?
- We have increased hygiene measures in place in all our call centres and offices.
- We have already deployed technology that enables us to operate our contact centres remotely.
- Engineers have an increased supply of anti-bacterial gel and wipes on their vans.
- Engineers will no longer ask you to sign their tablet.
- Our engineers will ask you to remain 2 metres away from their work area to minimise contact.
Can I still request emergency assistance if I do not have a repair plan?
Yes, you can, however we are prioritising emergency jobs and putting our vulnerable customers first. Please call 03450774177 for assistance.
What is an Emergency?
A sudden and unexpected event which, if not dealt with quickly, would in the reasonable opinion of the helpline:
- Render the home unsafe
- Cause excessive damage to the home
- Cause significant personal risk to you
- Cause a significant health and safety risk
Will I be able to get a new boiler installed?
Your safety and the safety of our engineers is the most important thing to us. Before visiting, we will ask you if you are confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 or are self-isolating or shielding as per UK Government guidelines. We are currently performing new boiler surveys by video.
How 24|7 Home Rescue will keep customers safe during home visits?
When you book an engineer appointment we’ll ask you if:
- You or anyone in your home has been diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- You or anyone in your home has been advised to self-isolate
- Anyone in your home is at higher risk – i.e. over 70
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, we’ll work with you to assess your need for an engineer visit before deciding what to do next. We’ll prioritise emergencies and we may need to postpone non-urgent visits, like annual services, to a later date.
Before your engineer visit
- On the day of your appointment, our engineer will also call you and ask the same set of questions – this is important just in case anything has changed since you booked.
While the engineer is with you
- When an engineer visits your home:
- Handwashing will take place before, during and after their visit
- You won’t be asked to sign anything.
- Our engineers will be social-distancing so please keep a 2 metre radius of their work area at all times