Annual boiler services and carbon monoxide alarms are a great way to keep your family safe, and are strongly recommended by the boiler breakdown specialists at 247 Home Rescue. These simple, affordable measures could make all the difference to your health and safety and could prove invaluable, preventing boiler breakdowns and reducing the risk of you and your family succumbing to carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
CO poisoning is a serious public health issue – in New York on Saturday, one man died and 27 people were injured after a broken flue pipe on a water heater caused CO to leak inside a mall. This is just one of countless incidents involving CO that occurred recently, with people narrowly escaping with their lives after being exposed to the poisonous gas.
Poorly-maintained boilers and flues can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, as can improperly-fitted gas appliances and damaged or broken boilers. Tenants in the private rented sector or in social housing benefit from annual gas boiler and gas appliance services, but many homeowners and commercial property owners may have left their boilers to degrade for years or even decades, and could be breathing in CO at this very moment.
Because we are so concerned about the dangers posed by poorly-maintained gas appliances, we are pleased to be able to offer free boiler services to our members. If you sign up with us, you can receive an annual boiler check before the winter strikes, giving you peace of mind that your boiler is working properly before the cold weather draws in and that it is not going to leak dangerous gases.
You can’t smell carbon monoxide, and you can’t see it. The early symptoms of CO poisoning are very similar to the flu, so some people do not even realise there is a problem until it is too late.
To protect your own health and the health of your loved ones, contact 247 Home Rescue to arrange annual gas boiler services.