Electrical appliance cover news: Unqualified electricians putting people’s lives at risk

Almost half of all house fires are caused by electrical accidents and emergencies, with these taking the lives of around one person every week. Using unsafe electricians for electrical repairs dramatically increases a person’s likelihood of becoming one of these victims. The government is aware of the dangers unqualified electricians pose, and is considering enhancing…

Gas appliance repairs: Rotherham illegal gas fitter fined after gas fire installation put family in danger

An unqualified and unregistered gas fitter from Wickersley, Rotherham, has been fined after putting a family in danger of explosion and carbon monoxide poisoning. Thomas Atkinson, of Radley Avenue, was fined £5, 000 with £352 in costs after admitting to several breaches of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 in a hearing at…