Negligent neighbours leading to costly home repairs

We recently discussed how the nation’s children are causing a huge amount of damage in the UK’s homes, with children and water representing the two most common causes of accidental damage home insurance claims. But homeowners don’t just have to worry about children; some people may end up claiming on their home emergency cover after…

Slough landlord fined for gas safety breaches

A landlord from Slough has been fined £9,000 with additional costs of £3,491 after failing to arrange CP12s in his rental property for almost four years. In a hearing at Slough Magistrates Court on August 21st, Mohammed Nawaz admitted to two breaches of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations and a failure to comply…

Sproughton man left unconscious after faulty gas service leads to carbon monoxide poisoning

A tenant was left unconscious after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning due to the improper servicing of his gas-fired heater, Ipswich Magistrates Court heard on August 13th. In the hearing, 27-year-old Greg Ranson, from Downing Close, Ipswich, was given an 18-week prison sentence suspended for 17 months and told to pay court costs of £813…