If several people in the same building develop flu-like symptoms without a temperature, and you think it could be linked to a carbon monoxide leak, you should:
- Immediately stop using all your cooking and heating appliances that use fuel other than electricity. Don’t use any of these again until they have been checked by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer
- Turn off the gas supply at the mains
- Open all of the windows in your house or building and get fresh air
- Call the Gas Emergency Number
(this will vary with each area; for details please visit the Gas Safe Register’s website)
- If you are feeling ill, visit your GP as soon as possible.