- Get all of your gas appliances safety checked once a year by a registered engineer and sign up to a free reminder service at www.StayGasSafe.co.uk.
- Make sure your engineer is legal and safe. Check that they are registered with the Gas Safe Register – the UK’s official gas authority – by asking to see their Gas Safety ID card.
- Check for warning signs that your appliances aren’t working correctly, such as a lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue one, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Don’t attempt to fix the problem yourself. You will be putting yourself and your family in serious danger from carbon monoxide poisoning and gas explosions.
- Turn off your gas supply if you think that you have a gas leak in your home, and call the 24 hour emergency gas service for your area.
If you want to know more about Gas Safety Week or general maintenance of gas appliances in the home, give us a call on 0345 3192 247.